Career to Date:
A higher experienced and respected manager with a proven track record in the National League Prioritising an attacking and possession based style of football.
Would be a good additional to anyone’s management structure.
- Oversaw the day to day management and preparation of the first team in squad in line with the upcoming fixture schedule, player development strategy and club philosophy
- Delivered training sessions, implemented opposition-specific drills and worked to facilitate each player’s progression
- Managed the overall football budget, intelligently allocating resources and leading the negotiation of transfer fees/wages
- Coordinated backroom staff in the delivery of a player support programme incorporating fitness, performance analysis, etc.
- Pro-actively built relationships with higher tier clubs to facilitate the club’s transfer strategy
- Contributed to or led the scouting process of both opponents and potential transfer targets
- Inspired a culture in which individuals at every level of the club strived for collective success and continuous improvement
- Provided guidance in the progression of backroom staff to ensure that the club fostered as professional an environment as possible
- Worked with the club’s board of directors/senior management to define and implement a well-structured club strategy that evolved in line with both on and off field performances
- Contributed to commercial performance by representing the club at business and community events
Managerial Career to Date:
Guiseley AFC 2008 – 2013
Managed the team to promotion to the Conference North in his first season after winning the Evo Stik Premier League. Finished 5th in the Conference North reaching the Play-Offs but got beat by AFC Telford. The following 2 seasons, Steve guided Guiseley AFC to 2nd position in both seasons, each time losing in the Play-Off’s. Steve was privileged to receive Manager of the Month eight times following promotion into the Conference North.
Reached the County Cup final 3 times, winning twice, the FA Trophy Quarter Final and the 1st Round of the FA Cup Steve’s statistics at Guiseley are as follows:
311 games, 179 wins, 62 draws, 70 defeats with a win percentage of 58% and unbeaten percentage of 78%
AFC Telford 2014-2015
When Steve took over at Telford in the Conference Premier they were 15 points adrift at the bottom of the table and a further 10 points from safety.
They ended up finishing third bottom and just 6 points from safety. This was achieved from December to April and Steve feels with confidence that, if he had been put in place earlier Telford would have stayed in the Conference Premier.
Steve’s statistics at AFC Telford are as follows:
22 games, 9 wins, 4 draws, 9 defeats with a win percentage of 40% and an unbeaten percentage of 59%
Scarborough Athletic 2016 – 2019
In the first season Steve saved the club from relegation and reached the League Cup Final.
In his Second season, he won promotion to the Evo stik Premier and reached the County Cup Final losing to Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium. Prior to Steve’s departure, Scarborough remained firmly in the top 6 of the League, also reaching the County Cup Final for the second season running.
Steve’s statistics at Scarborough Athletic are as follows:
179 games,92 wins,29 draws, 58 defeats, with a win percentage of 52% and an unbeaten percentage of 68%
Matlock Town 2019 – 2020
Steve signed for Matlock Town in the summer of 2019.
Having to rebuild the side ready for the season ahead, bringing in 15 new players. Despite a very promising start to the season, leading the Division for a couple of months. Following an unfortunate amount of injuries to key players, the results started to dip and in January 2020 were relived duties.
Steve’s statistics at Matlock Town are as follows:
35 games, 16 wins, 4 draws, 15 defeats, with a win percentage of 46% and an unbeaten percentage of 58%